Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Native American Folklore

Native American folklore brings another type of style to the table which makes it unique. However I am not a fan of it. Though folklore, myths and tales can be false, I see what i read was too far fetched. The stories were all over the place, from the cosmos, to the earth, dreams, babies, to new species. It was too random for me to find it interesting or leave my mind to imagine i wonder if this could be a possibility. Due to scientific advances many things in the readings are of course false. No human and bear can mate and no human can become a star. I rarely saw a lesson learned, if any, but I am guessing they were more of how things were created and came to be.
An example of what I mean can be Bigfoot or Dracula. examples such as these leaves room for the imagination, allowing people to question if this could possibly be real. There can also be similar stories in different parts of the world that can make such myths plausible. Weather it is real or not, we may miss facts that can increase the existence of such things. There have been sightings, creepy places, and things that are still left unknown to us. Stories like these make people wonder and go in search of. At least they leave an impression.
I didn't have much of a taste if any. However if i was born along with them, if I had no scientific understanding of how nature is I would find them interesting. However it doesn't matter if i like them or not. As long as stories and aspects of culture is preserved, all folklore have there place in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Denzil
    I can understand your dislike for these folktales. I think if we read more of these folktales then we would understand them better. The style of these tales are often chaotic and far fetched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see why you don't like these folktales but i personally am interested and i think it is because i'm learning about the native americans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprise you didn't like the Native American folklore I also think it was different, but also interesting especially when it comes to learning new cultures/folklore. I think you should give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete