Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kaliman: El hombre incredible

This comic was really interesting. I couldn't tell if I was reading a history news paper or an actual comic. The forward was really helpful in understanding the comic of the writer. If the forward wasn't there I would have questioned what I was really reading. This comic shows the mindset of average Mexicans/ Latinos during those times giving a historical background. Its like the tv show "Everybody hates Chris" but Spanish and a much shorter version.
What I gained from reading this shows me not all comics have to be imaginary, or about a superhero versus a villain. A comic could represent anything in life. It showed different view points of people, using different types of character, each representing the understanding of what goes through individuals minds everyday.
Once again it relates back to previous comics and reading were originality is best. There is no standard, or single genre where people must conform. If that was the case, would such variations of comics such as this be read? Never thought you can make a mini history lesson into a comic. I'm pretty sure history class would be more appealing if such comics used as tactics to teach students were used. Then I wouldn't have fallen asleep in class lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment