Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sandman Part 1

I have only heard of the sandman but never actually read the comic or watched a television version of it. It seems pretty interesting so I will most likely continue to read this comic. First off, I love the illustration. Besides taking forever to print out, the illustration to me was half the novel. It is really dark and mysterious looking, and through reading the comic, I can see why. Without the black and white, dark gloomy colors, I believe it wouldn't of had the same effect if printed with the colors of the rainbow. The fact that it is based on a cult like family dealing with demons and evil suits the imagery really well.
I actually read the whole story but will stick to the first half. At first, the story confused me, it kept switching to different people around the world randomly. Then I made the connection as if in a movie theater where scenes randomly shift to the past, future, or present times in other areas around the world. To prevent confusion it would be easier if they put a section where it said "in Jamaica" or "while in Peru" to make the swift transition of an event at the same time.
While reading this comic it just brought up past movies of cults and the fact that people or "families" such as this do exist. Looking up ancient artifacts, summoning demons, hungry for power or money. It is pretty frighting people do such things to harm others, with the thought of being able to control spiritual beings. As for now, it is only a comic and i will enjoy it as such.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Denzil,
    I enjoyed this reading too. I think the illustrations were a great way to make the story even better.

    ReplyDelete